Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

what fan?

125 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 5, 2005 5:02 AM by Mika Inkinen RSS
Leigh-Ann Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 5, 2005 5:02 AM
ok - so I've had the PB for a couple of weeks now. I have not yet used to PB for anything besides email/web browsing - - so, I wondered if I SHOULD be hearing that fan that I have read so much about.

I bought the 'Podium Coolpad' and have used it all the time - and so, I thought that could be why I have NOT YET HEARD ANY FANS WHATSOEVER.

The bottom of the PB is certainly HOT - - and so, I read the posts here and downloaded Temperature Sensor from Versiontracker - here's what I got (after restart)
Processor/Controller Bottom - 55.5C
Processor Bottom - 52.8C
Power Supply Bottom - 51.2C
Trackpad - 40.5C
Battery temp. - 34.0C

Should I be worrried about NOT hearing any fan on my PB - - ever?

Thanks for any and all help,

Leigh-Ann
  • Mika Inkinen Calculating status...
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 5, 2005 5:02 AM (in response to Leigh-Ann)
    No, you should be fine. I've also got a 15" model, and my fan doesn't come on until the processor temperature hits 60 degrees centigrade.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.