Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a "pointer arrow" or similar feature in iMovie HD?

Is there a "pointer arrow" or similar feature in iMovie HD that can be used to highlight a specific object (in this case a person) in iMovie HD? My son is making a soccer highlight video of himself for college coaches, and we would like to, in some way, point him out in movie clips so coaches will know which player he is of all the players on the clip.

2.0 GHz MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Dec 31, 2009 7:57 AM

6 replies

Dec 31, 2009 10:08 AM in response to Doug Johnson1

Doug,

You're using iMovie HD, right?

If that's the case Gee Three makes a plugin called Whiteboard that might be what you're looking for.

It's part of their Slick Volume 6. You'll have to buy the whole package to get it.

http://www.geethree.com/slick/galleries/s6demopages/s6whiteboard2.html

There is also Movie Canvas from cf/x which can be purchased individually.

http://www.imovieplugins.com/plugs/moviecanvas.html

Note: These plugins will work with iMovie HD but not iMovie '08 or '09.

Matt

Mar 3, 2010 1:48 PM in response to F Shippey

I am also looking for a pointer arrow or a way to highlight a player in sports highlights video. Based on the above recommendation, I first purchased the Stupendous Software mentioned in this thread. After downloading, I was unable to find the plugins where there instruction said they would be. Worse, I have sent 3 separate requests by email to their tech support since I downloaded last Thursday with NO response. I cancelled the credit card payment for the download today.

I then downloaded the trial version of Snapz Pro but can't for the life of me figure out how to use it to highlight a player. FShippey, can you provide some more detailed instructions?

Thanks to all for any help.

Mar 4, 2010 9:54 AM in response to martyn8677

iMovie 5 (the subject of this forum) will not run on Snow Leopard. The original poster of this thread was not running SL.

Your problem is not the same as that of the original poster of this thread, and it can be very confusing for everybody if we try to answer more than one question in each thread.

In order for us to give your problem our undivided attention in order to try to solve it, would you kindly start your own thread, describing the trouble you are having in the fullest detail, including completing your details to show what Mac you are using, what operating system, and what version of the application in question.

Is there a "pointer arrow" or similar feature in iMovie HD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.