Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pictures (photos) distorted when shared to iTunes; DVD looks great

Hitting a very odd problem in iMovie 09.

I added a series of photos between clips of my movie. I adjusted the Ken Burns Effect for each. It plays back fine in iMovie. I exported it to iDVD and the resulting DVD looks fine. But if I export to QuickTime or Share to iTunes, the photos look distorted during playback...like the've been squished from Widescreen to Standard or something, and so of course the Ken Burns Effect is messed up.

Anyone else seen this, or have any ideas? Strange that it works fine in iMovie and on a DVD.

iMac 24, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Jan 1, 2010 6:47 AM

1 reply

Jan 1, 2010 8:06 AM in response to rastriffler

OK, I went back into iMovie, and suddenly the pics were messed up there as well - they must have gotten corrupted/resized at some point in the process. Adding a new picture (and then deleting it) seemed to re-size all of the existing pics, and everything is fine now. Can't explain how it happened, but it seems to be fixed. Sorry for the red herring.

Pictures (photos) distorted when shared to iTunes; DVD looks great

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.