Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal Does Not Sync With iPhone

Settings say to sync all calendars but nothing appeared to be syncing. Read suggestion about clearing sync history in iSync - did that and when I synced again, it cleared out ALL calendars on iPhone but not replace with info from Mac. Did not affect calendars on Mac. It hasn't been properly syncing for at least a few months and my co-worker with same machine & OS is having same problem. Suggestions?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Jan 4, 2010 4:44 PM

12 replies

Jan 4, 2010 5:56 PM in response to kthrynileen

kthrynileen,
Settings say to sync all calendars but nothing appeared to be syncing.

What settings are you referring to?
...it cleared out ALL calendars on iPhone but not replace with info from Mac. Did not affect calendars on Mac.

Before you do anything else, do you have a backup of your iCal data?

Are you using MobileMe?

;~)

User uploaded file

Jan 4, 2010 6:21 PM in response to Ferd II

The settings are in iTunes for iPhone - the "Info" tab... I have it set to sync "All Calendars" but none were syncing. Then I selected "Replace information on this iPhone" from the Advanced section at the bottom. It says "During the next sync only, iTunes will replace the selected information on this iPhone with information from this computer." That is when all calendar info was removed from my iPhone but not replaced with the information from the computer.

I'm not getting an error message... The dialog says it's syncing but the information just isn't being transferred.

This appears to be iCal only -- Apps, Contacts, Podcasts & photos are transferring properly.

I use Time Machine and all data is backed up on an external drive.

I am not using MobileMe.

kp

Jan 5, 2010 3:39 PM in response to Ferd II

Hi -- I reviewed each of the links but none of them solved the problem. What I did notice was this: in iTunes on my MacBook, under the info Tab for iPhone there are NO calendars listed there. I have 5 local calendars in iCal on my MacBook but iTunes does not see them so I think that is why everything was cleared out when I did the advanced sync. So I guess the new question is this: why does iTunes not recognize iCal on my MacBook?

Jan 5, 2010 5:38 PM in response to kthrynileen

kp,

Try the procedures listed by my post in this thread. (Note revised step # 5)

1. As a first step, I suggest resetting the sync history on your Mac. This is done via iSync preferences with the iSync application located in your Applications folder.
2. After selecting reset sync history with iSync preferences, restart your Mac and try again. Disconnect your iPhone and quit iTunes.
3. At the iCal menu bar, go to File and select Back up iCal.
4. Save the backup on your Desktop.
5. Delete all calendars from iCal so that is it empty. (You must have at least one calendar remaining...just create a new blank calendar)
6. At the iCal menu bar, go to File and select Restore iCal - selecting the backup file placed on your Desktop.
7. Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone.
8. Check if this resolves the problem.

;~)

User uploaded file

Jan 10, 2010 11:27 PM in response to kthrynileen

this worked also if your colors got funky/aren't syncing on iphone too. after troubleshooting some other ical sync issues on my laptops, i noticed that the colors on my iphone ical had changed to not match my mac. i tried your steps and this was the only thing that worked (tried unsyncing, resetting/merging, turning on/off push, etc.) thanks!

iCal Does Not Sync With iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.