Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incorrect daylight savings time

I am living in a country that had daylight savings time 2 years ago but they have since scrapped it. However, my Mac still shows me the time with the extra hour added when it gets the time automatically from the time server. Is there any way I can fix this without having to manually set the time?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 2.4GHz, 2GB RAM

Posted on Jan 4, 2010 11:16 PM

1 reply

Jan 5, 2010 8:24 AM in response to runswithtwohorses

runswithtwohorses wrote:
I am living in a country that had daylight savings time 2 years ago but they have since scrapped it. However, my Mac still shows me the time with the extra hour added when it gets the time automatically from the time server. Is there any way I can fix this without having to manually set the time?

I've discovered some information about this situation, but possibly not enough to allow you to solve your problem.

First, you might visit http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html and report the problem to Apple.

Second, the information that controls your time zone behavior appears to be kept in /usr/share/zoneinfo/Indian/Mauritius . That's a binary file in a format described by the command "man tzfile" (without the quotes), which can be typed into a Terminal session. That's a standard Unix facility, which means that it may be possible to import a solution from some other *nix variant. The file itself can be created by the "zic" command from a file of time zone specifications.

Although I haven't researched it far enough to create detailed instructions on how to apply it, this Web page seems to have the actual file change needed for Mauritius:

http://www.mail-archive.com/svn-src-all@freebsd.org/msg12831.html

Incorrect daylight savings time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.