Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP with new updated Leopard Snow does not wake Screen anymore!

My MBP15 (end 2008) connected to 24" Cinema Display with camera used to work perfectly well. When the laptop is in sleep, I would connect the laptop (screen down) to the display via the mini display cable, I would then wake up the MBP thorough either the Bluetooth Mouse of the wired keyboard. The computer would wake up and the display will work fine.

I updated my system a week ago- I now have an updated 10.6.2. When I do the same above, and try to wake up the computer up, it would wake up (no longer with the hard-disk noise it used to do- which is great), but the screen would not be recognized and would not turn on. I tried everything... including disconnecting the display cable and putting it on again.. Nothing would work except a 2-second click on the power button of the MBP and a restart.

This is annoying, and it is disappointing that new updates actually make things that used to work perfectly well don't work anymore!

HELP!

Macbook Pro 15 (unibody- late 2008), Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Jan 6, 2010 12:06 PM

There are no replies.

MBP with new updated Leopard Snow does not wake Screen anymore!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.