Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Screen Savers Missing

I have a Power Mac G5. I have had system pref problems. A blank screen was showing, I formatted and re-installed and that fixed the problem........but my screen savers have gone. I only have flurry and computer name under the Apple choices. I want the itunes artwork one back. I have tried trashing the cache(s), plists etc. all to no avail. Any idea???? Thanks

g5, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jan 7, 2010 2:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2010 4:35 PM

Are the screen savers still missing from the list when you log in to a different user account?
4 replies

Jan 8, 2010 1:15 AM in response to Király

I have only 1 user account with no p/word. I tried copying the framewwork from another mac running 10.5.8, that did not work (prob wrong file) so another reinstall, same problem. Bizare I have 4 mac here all aok but this one that has formatted clean drives new install . No problem adding 3rd party s/savers they all appear in the "other" folder".. Is there anywhere I can download these extra apple s/savers?

Thanks

Jan 8, 2010 8:10 AM in response to rvrman21

I found the iTunesArtwork.screensaver file. It was in the root, system, library, screensaver folder, but for some reason it would not show on the list. I copied all the apple .screensaver files and popped them in my user level library. Now I can see them as "other". _Thanks so much_, your user query really made me think about the position of these files. Strange that it would not address on the HD Sys folder? Have a good new year.

Apple Screen Savers Missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.