Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home sharing login

Hello, I'm attempting to use Home Sharing. The same apple ID and password that work with https://myinfo.apple.com triggers the following message here:

"Home sharing could not be activated because the account or password was incorrect."

Any suggestion, please?

MacBook5,1, Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Jan 7, 2010 1:00 PM

7 replies

Jan 7, 2010 4:56 PM in response to frangipane

i'm having the same problem, i just signed up to this group, and i had to use the username & password in order to log in & join.
i am using Windows 7 (64bit) and i've installed iTunes 9 (64bit). although i've tried the same with my PC @ work (Vista, 32bit) and i get the same message:"Home sharing could not be activeated becuase the account or password was incorrect."

Jan 7, 2010 5:05 PM in response to frangipane

i'm having the same problem, i just signed up to this group, and i had to use the username & password in order to log in & join therefore i know it's correct.
i am using Windows 7 (64bit) and i've installed iTunes 9 (64bit). although i've tried the same with my PC @ work (Vista, 32bit) and i get the same message:"Home sharing could not be activeated becuase the account or password was incorrect."

Dec 3, 2010 11:38 PM in response to frangipane

I think I found the issue. I recently purchased a new MacBook Air and I wanted to share some of my favorite songs over to it. So I set up home sharing on my MacBook Air and it worked nicely. Then I attempted to set it up on my iMac. Big problem. It kept saying the username/password was incorrect. I pulled my hair out for a couple of hours then started troubleshooting. Fist removing iTunes PLISTS then making new iTunes libraries, all to no success. When I made a new User on my mac and it worked that told me the issue is User account related (On the computer of course). Finally found a folder called iTunes sitting in the user library and decided to pull it. VOILA! Issue resolved!!!

In case you are wondering, heres the path: Macintosh HD/Users/(your user account name)/Library/iTunes

Keep in mind that there is iTunes plug ins and mobile backups in there so be mindful that by moving this folder can cause you some other issues/data loss. AS ALWAYS make sure you are backed up before attempted anything like this!!!!!

GOOD LUCK!
Mike

Home sharing login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.