Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete ALL album artwork

I deleted the Album Artwork folder from iTunes, but it only removed a portion of the artwork out of 11,000+ songs. I would like for all of it to be deleted, so I can then redo the "get artwork" step, and manually find the artwork for the various ones which don't automatically add. When I first started, I didn't like the empty boxes, so added Clip Art pictures in them. Now I read about being able to go to Amazon (for instance) and copying the correct artwork from there, instead of my cheesy Clip Art.

So where else would the artwork be stored and how can I whack it?

HP Pavilion, Windows Vista, iPod classic 80G (was hand-me-down)

Posted on Jan 8, 2010 5:23 PM

2 replies

Jan 9, 2010 1:15 AM in response to newbie2ipods

Only artwork added via the "get album artwork" option in iTunes is stored in that folder, all other artwork would be embedded in the music file itself.

Go to the iTunes main library, right click on the track(s) with the artwork you wish to delete. If the artwork is from iTunes, select "clear downloaded artwork."

For other artwork, select "Get info", click the "Artwork" tab, click on the image, and select "Delete".

How to delete ALL album artwork

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.