Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Server Prefs Hangs in 10.6.2

Greetings,
I have an issue with a new server we have set up

Background:
10.6.2 server update installed on day 1

Server set up less than 4 days ago, have not hooked up client machines yet, but I have created the Open Directory Database. Set up was very seemless (setup on site with a monitor and inputs on the server). Day two I could use Server Admin and Server prefs without problem remotely from another notebook.

_Current Issue:_
Server Admin functions fine remotely as well as on site.
+Server Prefs will hang remotely and on site.+

_Attempts to Resolve Issue:_
Reinstalled Server tools from included disk. Problem persists.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mac Mini Server Edition Late 2009, Mac OS X (10.6.2), x2 500GB Hard Drives, 2.53GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM

Posted on Jan 9, 2010 7:43 PM

4 replies

Jan 11, 2010 9:47 PM in response to Trbl_Shooter

UPDATE:

Server Prefs actually takes about 11 minutes to become responsive. launches, then is greyed out for the 11 minutes. Not hanging like I originally thought. Any suggestions on WHY it takes that long? There is only 15 people in the Directory and maybe half of the server's services are running. I don't understand why it would take that long.

Server Prefs Hangs in 10.6.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.