Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete Bookmark Menu Bookmarks

How do I remove individual bookmarks from the Bookmark Menu?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Jan 10, 2010 1:24 PM

14 replies

Jan 11, 2010 4:21 PM in response to Klaus1

Ok, click on the book icon and under Compilations is Bookmark Menu, another way to get to it is to click on Bookmarks and the listing in the Bookmark Menu are below Bookmarks Bar, but it is not labelled "Bookmark Menu" here. When I add a bookmark, I'm given several choices where to put it, one of the choices is Bookmark Menu, another is Bookmark Bar, another is Top Sites. I'm having trouble deleting the added bookmarks from the Bookmark Menu.

Jan 11, 2010 4:52 PM in response to Ranny44

To delete bookmarks:

Click the open-book icon to view your bookmark list.

The sidebar on the left shows collections, such as the bookmarks bar or other collections you’ve created. Individual bookmarks are listed on the right. If you can’t see the list of bookmarks because Cover Flow view is covering it, drag up on the handle below the Cover Flow scroll bar.

Select any bookmarks or collections you want to get rid of, and press Delete.

You can’t remove the bookmarks bar or Bookmarks menu from the sidebar. You can’t remove History and All RSS Feeds, but you can delete individual bookmarks within them.

If that didn't help, try maintenance...

From the Safari Menu Bar, click Safari / Empty Cache. When you are done with that...

From the Safari Menu Bar, click Safari / Reset Safari. Select the top 5 buttons and click Reset.

Go here for trouble shooting 3rd party plugins or input managers which might be causing the problem.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1594

If you are running Safari in 64 bit mode, try running in 32-bit mode instead. Right or control click the Safari icon in the Applications folder, then click: Get Info In the Get Info window click the black disclosure triangle next to General so it faces down. Select 32 bit mode. Also, (in that same window) make sure Safari is NOT running in Rosetta.

🙂

Jan 11, 2010 9:10 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks, I think you're close to an answer, You mentioned that I can't remove the compilation "Bookmark Menu" folder-that's fine-what I want to do is remove some (not all) individual bookmarks that I had previously added to the compilation named Bookmark Menu. How do I do that? Delete works fine for bookmarks in the Bookmark Bar & other locations. Clicking Delete when in Bookmark Menu doesn't do anything-except go to the website. It doesn't seem that deleting bookmarks should be a difficult problem, but based on the content in the lower part of your e-mail it would seem to be a very difficult problem. Sounds like a Safari design glitch. Maybe just ignoring the Bookmark Menu is the only easy option as delete doesn't work. Apple support does not address how to do it but mentions delete won't work but doesn't supply any info on how to do it.

Feb 10, 2010 11:46 AM in response to Ranny44

I was having trouble deleting bookmarks that were unused and unwanted. After reading all the posts I tried this and it WORKED.
Go the bookmarks menu and select - show all bookmarks. This should bring up the web pages at the top that are bookmarked and at the bottom of the page it will list them as they are in your bookmark. If they are not there (my history actually showed up) to the left of the screen under collections click on bookmarks menu. It should show up at the bottom of the page. If you highlight the one you want to remove and then right click it will ask you what you want to do, click delete. It worked for me.
Good luck.

Delete Bookmark Menu Bookmarks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.