Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I uncrop an image?

I'm sure that this is probably the simplest question to answer for most of you, but I'm stumped. When I'm in Aperture and press the 'C' key, the Crop window opens. I then left click and drag the image for a new crop. Now my question: how do I undo these steps and view the image again as if I had never pressed the 'C' key? Even when I click on the 'X' in the crop window, the image gets cropped anyway.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.2), Imac

Posted on Jan 11, 2010 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2010 9:35 AM

Open the adjustment HUD and either delete the crop block or just temporarily turn it off by unchecking it.

RB
6 replies

Jan 11, 2010 10:26 AM in response to Stevarn

Assuming that the original is your master you could also press the M key. This won't actually undo your crop but it will show you what the file was in its original master state. If you're not working from a master this won't work but if you are it would be a good and easy way of seeing your original image.

How do I uncrop an image?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.