Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.6 iCal server using 10.5 Open Directory

Has anyone had any experience with getting a 10.6 server's various collaboration services working with a 10.5 Open Directory? I have the web services working fine, but I'm having trouble getting iCal running correctly. First, 10.5 clients trying to connect to the 10.6 iCal server won't work via Kerberos. The other problem, is when I connect via digest mode (or whatever the unsecure mode is), the iCal clients don't seem to get anything back from the server. I can create events and I see them via the web interface, but events created or edited via the web interface don't get pushed back to the client.

Thanks for any help...

mbpro, macpro, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Jan 11, 2010 9:14 AM

2 replies

Jan 11, 2010 3:42 PM in response to Jason Bennett

How did you get the web services working? I'm trying to bind a 10.6 stand alone server into our 10.5 OD/AD setup to run as an iCal server. When I bind the 10.6 server into the OD, the apple-serviceinfo attribute is not created in the Computer record so I can't enable calendaring. I think that I had the same issue when I was testing a 10.5 calendar server - but I can't remember how I resolved it!

Jan 12, 2010 9:31 AM in response to legsakimbo

I don't think 10.6 does the enabling stuff the same as 10.5 if I remember correctly. A lot of it is done via the web interface. I know creating a wiki in 10.5 meant creating a group in WG manager and setting it up through that. In 10.6 you go to the wikis part through a browser and hit "Create new wiki". Permissions are setup via the settings page on the wiki.

I'm not sure if the same goes for calendaring because we haven't ever used the iCal server to the full extent but I think it might be a similar change. When you sign into your "my page" on a 10.6 web server, it creates a calendar for you that you can edit via the web interface or iCal. Wikis also have calendars created, but I'm not sure how to get them in iCal.

Hopefully that helps some...

10.6 iCal server using 10.5 Open Directory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.