Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Magic Mouse / Bluetooth

Howdy Folks,

Was thinking about treating myself to a magic mouse, but my powermac G5 doesn't have onboard bluetooth. Does anyone know what I can do to bluetooth enable the system so that it's compatible with the magic mouse?

Cheers.

Powermac G5, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jan 11, 2010 10:17 AM

6 replies

Jan 11, 2010 4:34 PM in response to Deaconspike

I have recently purchased a D-Link USB connector called DBT-120. It worked great for a number of weeks and then just today got 'confused' by having a laptop in the vicinity that had also been paired with the mouse. Now, I cannot get the mouse to reconnect to my G5 - but for a while there it was great. (I've tried everything I can think of, rebooting, re-batterying, resetting PRAM and SMU, deleting the plist file for bluetooth devices - nothing has worked).

Thoughts out there anyone?

Jan 11, 2010 4:46 PM in response to Ben Bauermeister

I just figured it out!!

I happened to read a post about adding scroll-momentum to the magic mouse and saw that there is a second plist file for the magic mouse that is not in the root/library/prefs but in the home/library/prefs/called com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.mouse. When I deleted this file - then my mouse started working again (and I did the momentum trick too, that's cool!).

Apple Magic Mouse / Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.