Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone and BlueAnt Z9i pairing

Hi there,

Please help!!! I cant pairing BlueAnt Z9i with iPhone. My iPhone cant find the device. If i try other type handfree via bluetooth is fine. Please help to get connection with BlueAnt Z9i and iPhone respectively.

Thanks in Advance

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Jan 14, 2010 10:14 PM

4 replies

Jan 22, 2010 8:27 PM in response to MacBook Pro - iPhone__

I had a similar issue. This is what I did to pair my iPhone 3GS with BuleAnt Z9i:
1. Switch off iPhone and turn it back ON
2. Turn on BlueAnt Z9i and leave it for 2 mins or so
3. Press and hold ( + ), ( - ), and MFB buttons for 3 seconds
4. You will see blue light flashing rapidly
5. Turn on Bluetooth in iPhone and iPhone goes into bluetooth device search mode
6. iPhone shows BlueAnt Z9i. Select BlueAnt Z9i on iPhone and press connect or it may get connected automatically.

Not sure if all the steps are indeed needed...but this is what I followed and was able to pair the two. Good luck!

Jan 28, 2010 4:37 PM in response to JamalMohamed

Hi Jamal,

Thanks for your help. I hope me and other will get pair with your instruction.

Just to share info from BlueAnt side, below is the advise from customer help for all who need help.

*To pair the unit to a phone you need to have it disconnected from any devices and then after putting it back into pairing mode you will be able to pair it to your phone.*

*To put it into pairing mode you will need to have it in the off position. Press and hold the power button to turn it on and continue holding that button until it flashes rapidly.*

*If it does not flash rapidly your memory is full and your unit will need to be reset.*

*To do this make sure it is not connected to any devices and allow it to blink once every few seconds (this may take up to 1 minute). When it is doing this press and hold all three buttons until the light flashed rapidly. Everything will be cleared from the Z9i and pairing can now be initiated.*

*Hope you're having a wonderful day!*

*Jack Nguyen*
*Technical Support*
*BlueAnt Wireless Australia*
*(AUS) ph: 1300 669 049 | fax: (03) 9094 5850*
*(NZ) ph: 0800 443 122 | fax: 0800 447 160*
www.blueantwireless.com
*Call Centre Operating Hours Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm AEST*

Good Luck.....i will try revert it later after i charge my Blueant.....

Desmond

iPhone and BlueAnt Z9i pairing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.