Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Simulate a higher resolution in Mac OS X on a MBP

Hi all,

Is it possible to simulate a higher resolution in Mac OS X on a MBP? i.e. to make the icons, windows, text etc. look smaller and thus be able to fit more information on the screen?

ALSO... would this be user-specific? i.e. set for my user space, but my wife's user space would be the default resolution?

Thanks,

MacBook Pro 2.4GHz C2D, 4GB DDR3, iPhone 1st Gen, iPod Shuffle x2, Mac OS X (10.5.7), Still waiting for LX3 RAW support (.rw2)

Posted on Jan 15, 2010 7:50 AM

1 reply

Jan 15, 2010 8:43 AM in response to GlynC

GlynC wrote:

Is it possible to simulate a higher resolution in Mac OS X on a MBP?

No.

i.e. to make the icons, windows, text etc. look smaller and thus be able to fit more information on the screen?

For icons, just use the slider at the bottom of a Finder window. On the desktop, right-click the desktop, and select View Options. Drag the slider to change the icon size.

For text, it depends on the program, but in Safari, use Command-plus / Command-minus. Consult the help for other programs.

ALSO... would this be user-specific? i.e. set for my user space, but my wife's user space would be the default resolution?

For the most part, yes.

Simulate a higher resolution in Mac OS X on a MBP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.