Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any way to automatically get sentence capitalization?

I've recently moved from MS Entourage to Apple Mail and one thing I miss is if Im typing fast and don't get the shift key for the first word of a sentence...or the word I...the system doesn't correct that by properly capitalizing for me. That's the way it works on the iPhone so is there some way to set this up in Snow Leopard? I also miss how in Entourage if I inadvertently capitalized the first two letters of a word, it would automatically fix that, too. Would be nice in Mail if that was possible, or globally actually.

Rock

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Jan 17, 2010 1:46 PM

7 replies

Jan 17, 2010 2:46 PM in response to thomas_r.

Hi Thomas;

True, I think that was one of the things I hated most about the PC I was forced to use at work until I retired. When Microsloth in their infinite wisdom would start correcting technical terms incorrectly for me. I would have to work harder at getting it to leave the spelling alone that I had writing the rest of the document.

Allan
User uploaded file

Jan 17, 2010 3:44 PM in response to Allan Eckert

well, i for one certainly hope (but don't pray) that this feature becomes available. Apple never forced such features on users. things like spell checking and text substitution are optional. there is no reason in the world to think that automatic capitalization will be mandatory. but as an optional feature - I definitely want it.

Any way to automatically get sentence capitalization?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.