Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Snow Leopard crash problems

I posted a topic yesterday (19th) about the constant crashes on my desktop Mac since I upgraded to Snow Leopard. I also included a crash report. The problems I'm experiencing appear to be similar to what many other users are reporting. I installed from scratch and I've tried all the fixes available without curing the problem. I also have a Mac book that is running absolutely perfectly with the same applications.

What seems clear to me though is that my Power Mac runs fine so long as I don't put it to sleep. So now, I switch off at night and have the 'put computer to sleep' option set to "never" and "hey presto" everything is running fine.

Clearly there is a problem, but I'm posting this in the hope that it might be helpful to the more knowing users in helping identify WHY its happening,

Power Mac & MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.2), Power Mac Dual 2.8 - Macbook intel

Posted on Jan 20, 2010 5:48 AM

9 replies

Jan 20, 2010 6:13 AM in response to davidadmusic

... my Power Mac runs fine so long as ...

There is no PowerMac that is capable of running Snow Leopard. If you have upgraded the machine to meet system requirements (Intel processor, 1 GB RAM minimum, DVD drive), you've still got an unsupported setup if you have installed Snow Leopard on it. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that it doesn't work perfectly.

If I'm on the wrong track here, can you clarify?

Jan 26, 2010 9:11 AM in response to geek3

The problem has been solved and it was a hardware problem. Specifically a 7 port USB hub! I suddenly experienced problems with Ilok keys not being recognized, so I changed the USB hub and since then not a sniff of a problem. It was responsible for all the issues - no more "sleep issues" leading to crashes, nothing at all, everything back to normal!

Snow Leopard crash problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.