Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder throwing error -1401 when attempting to open files on mounted volume

Alright, this is driving me nuts. At random, Finder will refuse to open files on a mounted volume on my server. It throws the error "The application can't be opened. -1401" and then "The operation can’t be completed. An unexpected error occurred (error code -1401)." back to back. It doesn't matter what the file type is, as far as I can tell (.jpg, .xlsx and .pdf are on there).

From that point on, I can navigate those volumes to the point that I have navigated them since the volume was mounted at start up, but can't go any deeper into the directories or open anything. Finder also won't eject the volume. I can't open files from within applications, either.

I have to reboot for it to work again.

However, if I jump into Parallels I can open anything on the server. Even Acrobat files, which open in the Mac environment and not within the virtual machine.

Does anyone have any insight to what might be causing this? I searched and can't find anything.

Thanks,

Brian

MacBook Pro 15", Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Jan 22, 2010 8:45 AM

There are no replies.

Finder throwing error -1401 when attempting to open files on mounted volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.