Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem forwarding personal domain to web.me.com

Hi

'd really be grateful for as much help as possible. This is my first post to the Forum but I've checked the other topics and can't find the exact same problem.

I have just bought a personal domain through godaddy - wallgazing.com - to use with my almost complete mobileme site. With Safari everything seems to be fine - type in the domain with or without the 'www' and you arrive at the right place. But with every other browser I've tried (Chrome, Firefox, Flock and Camino) only www.wallgazing.com version works. Enter the url without the www and you end up at http://www.apple.com/mobileme/ .

Please could someone let me know what I've done wrong? I've tried clearing the cache in all the browsers but that's had no effect.

Many thanks indeed!

Tom

MBP 17", Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jan 24, 2010 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2010 3:28 PM

every other browser I've tried (Chrome, Firefox, Flock and Camino) only www.wallgazing.com version works.

I had no problem with just wallgazing.com in Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. There must be something local to your machine or network that is causing your experience. (There is also no reason I can think of for browsers to act differently in the way you describe.)
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2010 3:28 PM in response to tommclaughlan

every other browser I've tried (Chrome, Firefox, Flock and Camino) only www.wallgazing.com version works.

I had no problem with just wallgazing.com in Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. There must be something local to your machine or network that is causing your experience. (There is also no reason I can think of for browsers to act differently in the way you describe.)

problem forwarding personal domain to web.me.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.