Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I return to login screen after screensaver??

I am trying to set up my Parents new Mac like their old Windows XP machine. When the Windows PC sat idle it went to screensaver and if the mouse was moved it returned to the login screen with their user icons.

On the Mac the option under Security "Require password after screensaver" will bring up a password prompt for the user who is currently logged in with a "Switch User" button.

Hitting that "Switch User" button will bring me to the login screen with the list of users and their icons. Does anyone know of a way where it will bypass prompting for a password and goto the login screen without hitting the "Switch Users" button?

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Jan 25, 2010 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2010 9:03 AM

it's possible but what's wrong with hitting "switch user"? that's really the easiest. anything else will require extra work. see this link
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=10785767&#10785767
3 replies

Jan 25, 2010 1:58 PM in response to tbharber

Just wanted to give an update. I tried the method that V.K. provided and it worked perfectly. The only thing I had to do extra was turn off the "require password after screensaver" option under security. With it on you will get prompted twice. I also had to set up the screen saver for each user. Other than that it was very quick and easy.

How can I return to login screen after screensaver??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.