Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked out of iTunes

I recently rebooted my PC because of a virus I had that I couldnt remove. Before that I had no problem what so ever with my iPhone connecting to iTunes, I was able to drag and drop music/videos and able to move apps around via the applications tab for my iPhone in iTunes. Now when I connect it all my music/videos are greyed out and so are all my applications and it wont let me add/remove/move anything. I was thinking about checking the box in the summary tab to manually manage music and videos but then it wants to wipe my phone and replace it with my itunes libary which has nothing in it because I had to reboot my computer.

I'm am usually pretty good with computers what am I missing here how can I gain access to my iphone content thru itunes without wiping the device, I never put music/vids in my itunes library i always used to drag and drop with out a problem. Wiping it would mean I would have to start from scratch besides the apps which I know are saved to my itunes account. Any suggestions???

HP Media Center Desktop, Windows XP

Posted on Jan 25, 2010 2:24 PM

1 reply

Jan 25, 2010 2:44 PM in response to A420TuRbO

I recently rebooted my PC because of a virus

You mea you formatted and resinstalled the OS.
Rebooting is simply powering off then back on.
I never put music/vids in my itunes library

How did you get them onto the iPhone? You cannot get them onto the iPhone withpout putting them into the iTunes library, unless everything you have on you iPhone, you purchased thru the iTunes store using the iPhone.
Restore iTunes from the backup you made before you formated yoru HD.

Locked out of iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.