Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic hangs at 'Checking MIDI Drivers' upon launch

I recently installed the new 9.1.0 update and lately have been having a problem when launching Logic.
At the start up screen I get to 'Checking MIDI Drivers' and the program just hangs there. My only option is to force quit.

I have disconnected all MIDI devices that I have and I still the same hang at the same spot.
I do have a Motu fastlane usb connected to a Mackie Control, as well as a Frontier design USB controller - all have the most recent drivers.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

MacBook Pro 2.33 ghz, Mac OS X (10.6.2), Logic 9, Final Cut Studio 3, Airport Extreme, Airport Express

Posted on Jan 25, 2010 4:51 PM

4 replies

Jan 25, 2010 5:04 PM in response to Joseph Rizzo

Hi,

Go to HD>Library>Audio>MIDI Drivers

move the contents of the folder on the Desktop.

Start Logic pro.

How many plugins are installed in this folder?

If Logic starts without crashing,quit it and

move back each one at a time and restart Logic to find out which one is crashing it.

You might check in the following location as well:

User(your name) >Library>Audio >MIDI Drivers

A

Jan 25, 2010 5:00 PM in response to Joseph Rizzo

Have you Repaired Permissions? Might help.

If you have and it's still doing this, try uninstalling whatever drivers you have concerning MIDI using the actual installer (as opposed to just dragging files to the trash) and then reinstall the driver. I was having a similar problem with my MOTU equipment where the lastest drivers were just installing right on top the old ones. Uninstalling then reinstalling helped.

Feb 16, 2010 10:24 PM in response to immo

Immo,

Your technique worked for me. Apparently the DigiDesign MBox Mini Audio Driver installs a MIDI driver that was hanging up Logic 9 at boot time. Did as you stated and placed my AMT8 drivers back in and my MPD16 drivers back in and Logic 9 booted fast again with no problems.

Way to go Immo and these forums.

Thank you,
Zal

Logic hangs at 'Checking MIDI Drivers' upon launch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.