Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Archive and Restore FCP projects with Soundtrack "send to"'s

Anyone else archive FCP projects that include clips that were generated by "Send to Soundtrack Pro"?

I have completed a large project, media is scattered everywhere. I want to collect it all together and archive it so that it could be restored in the future.

OK, just Media Manager and copy the project or final sequence to the new archive. Well, that works fine for the video clips, but not for audio files that were modified in Soundtrack Pro using "Send to".

The problem is two fold:
1. Copy in MM doesn't copy the Soundtrack Pro (send to) package, just the render file inside it. And the render file is just a pointer to the other files in the package.
2. Even if I manual added all the (Send to) packages, it is very tricky to reconnect them. FCP reconnect will ask you to reconnect file xxx.mov, when it really wants you to connect it to the STP package (xxx (sent).stap). And---- it also ask you to reconnect a file called rend-3, for example and that should really go to xxx (sent).stap.

I must be doing this wrong this shouldn't be this complicated. I must be setting something wrong.

Please help.

Rick

Mac Pro 2009, MBP, Mac OS X (10.5.8), FCS 3, MXO Cinema Display

Posted on Jan 25, 2010 3:47 PM

There are no replies.

Archive and Restore FCP projects with Soundtrack "send to"'s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.