Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't "archive and install" or reinstall Snow Leopard and other problems

My laptop has been doing some funny things lately. I began noticing it mostly with video content. Especially when playing a DVD. The audio comes across as choppy. The video gets choppy. Now I have noticed that the mouse (track pad) seems jumpy. The arrow jumps across the screen when not intended to etc.

So, I thought I would do what was once called an Archive and install. I realize that Snow Leopard doesn't give that option, but it essentially does that if you choose to reinstall the OS.

This laptop is Model MacBook 2,1. It shipped with Leopard. I bout the SL upgrade and am trying to use that disc to reinstall the OS.

I get this message with a yellow triangle and exclamation point after I insert the disc and click the "install" button:

Mac OS X 10.6 cannot be installed on this computer. This disc requires that Mac OSX 10.5 or later already be installed on your computer."

I am confused because I am running 10.6.2

Any help??

Thanks.

Message was edited by: Daniel Peck

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Jan 25, 2010 9:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2010 10:19 PM

You get the message if you use the special, reduced price Leopard to Snow Leopard upgrade disc. The retail Snow Leopard disc doesn't require any OS to be preinstalled; the upgrade one requires that Leopard be installed for licensing reasons.
2 replies

Can't "archive and install" or reinstall Snow Leopard and other problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.