Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Samsung Smart Panel for ML-2240

I have a Samsung ML-2240 laser printer that works great but the Smart Panel software seems really lame. I downloaded the latest version from the Samsung web page and the installer does its thing and puts up Smart Panel icon on the menu bar. That's all.... just an icon that does not have a pull down list of option and it does NOTHING. I gave up and used the installer option to uninstall. That works.

I send Samsung a message asking if there is an Smart Panel issue with Mac OS X 10.6 and they
have not responded.

Anyone using the Samsung Smart Panel under OS X 10.6?

24" iMac 2.4 GHz-4 GB and 13-Inch MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Jan 27, 2010 8:21 AM

10 replies

Jan 29, 2010 12:02 PM in response to frede11790

Please do not laugh at the Samsung response to my note that their
installer fails to install a working Smart Panel

29-Jan-2010

Dear Samsung Customer,

Thank you for contacting Samsung Electronics.

With reference to your e-mail, we understand you are unable to install the Smart Panel on MAC operating system.

As you have followed all the instructions to fix the issue still the issue persists means it might be due to the options of the operating system. We recommend you to contact the Microsoft support to fix the issue. As we dedicated to the technical support Samsung we do not have more information about the operating system information. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

If you require any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you,

Samsung Online Support.

Mar 3, 2010 8:03 PM in response to aRKay

This topic is still open. I found an Apple document

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3669?viewlocale=en_US

that says the Snow Leopard print driver for the ML-2240 is

Samsung ML-2240 Series 1.03.01

If I go to my user/Library/Printers folder I find a Samsung ML-2240 Series and the
Get Info says it is version 6.2. Needless to say I am confused and Samsung tech
support is no help at all

Any suggestion on what is the most current driver?

Message was edited by: aRKay

Mar 17, 2010 7:38 AM in response to aRKay

On 16-Mar-2010 the Apple software updater install Samsung Printer Software Update 2.1
but there is still no Smart Panel for the ML-2240 and I cannot tell if the 2.1 update really
changed anything for the Samsung ML-2240.

I have it printing so I can only assume it is up to date?

Where should the printer stuff be installed root or user Library? I have Samsung
stuff in both and cannot tell what was done by update 2.1

May 28, 2010 1:29 AM in response to Tom Robinson

This is very interesting - see Samsung Printer on Page 8 of this Forum.

I have been having the same issue with my CLX-3175FN. However, I am running 10.6.3 on both my iMac and my MBPro but can only get the Smart Panel to be active on the iMac.

Cannot seem to get any response to my post however, which is a shame, so am none the wiser.

Jun 3, 2010 7:48 PM in response to aRKay

The Samsung "Smart Panel" is utter garbage on OS X 10.6. It's bad enough that the installer goes ahead and quits all open apps without asking, but it also does absolutely nothing at all. It just clutters your menu bar with an unclickable icon that looks like something from WinXP. Adding insult to injury: it installs an alias inside of a folder in your Applications folder, and the actual app is in /Library/Printers/SPanel/Samsung !!

Under no circumstances should this thing be installed on a Mac.

Message was edited by: Sol Irvine2

Jun 6, 2010 2:06 AM in response to PaulSG

I have the Samsung CLX-6220FX network color laser print, purchased May 29. I installed the smart panel software on an IMac running 10.5.8 and it does not work. It does work on my Power Mac running 10.6.3. I had to use the drivers downloaded from Samsung, because I had some problems with the installation CD.

Where it does work it is handy, since I already have lots of icons on my launch bar.

Samsung Smart Panel for ML-2240

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.