Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automator/PDF Workflow to create 11x17 pages?

Is there any existing Automator action or PDF workflow to print a standard Pages or Word doc, or 8.5x11 PDF, to an 11x17 workflow? I have a newsletter I've created using Word 2008 that is in the standard letter-size format. I can print it to PDF using the built-in PDF workflow, but what I would like to do is print it as a booklet using 11x17 paper folded in half. Basically, page 4 and 1 on one side, and 2 and 3 on the other. Right now the only option I know of is to save each page as an image and then use Pixelmator to save the images side-by-side in two 11x17 canvasses, and then use Preview to merge them into one PDF file to send to a printing company, but am sure there has to be an easier way. I would pay $20-50 just to get an Automator action or PDF workflow to do this step for me. Does such exist?

2.8GHz MacBook Pro / iPhone 3GS, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Jan 27, 2010 3:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2010 4:04 PM

Have you look at this one :
http://automatorworld.com/archives/create-pdf-booklet/

Hope this help

MS
2 replies

Automator/PDF Workflow to create 11x17 pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.