Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do put a straight line over an "o" such as in Roti Grille?

How do I get a straight line over a letter "o" such as in Roti Grille?

Thanks

imac

Posted on Jan 28, 2010 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2010 9:53 AM

How do I get a straight line over a letter "o"

You don't really mean "straight line", do you, but rather ô ? If so, Niel gave you the answer.

If by chance you do mean straight line, like ō, then you need use the character palette or switch keyboard layouts to US Extended, where you type Option/alt + a, then o.
9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2010 9:53 AM in response to tmsadera

How do I get a straight line over a letter "o"

You don't really mean "straight line", do you, but rather ô ? If so, Niel gave you the answer.

If by chance you do mean straight line, like ō, then you need use the character palette or switch keyboard layouts to US Extended, where you type Option/alt + a, then o.

Jan 28, 2010 1:32 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

PeterBreis0807 wrote:
Unless there is something else out there that I am unaware of, Roti grill is an Indian cooking method.

Why the accent is needed I don't know, I was unaware it used one.

One more time you read wrongly 😉

The OP wrote "*Roti Grille*" not "*Roti Grill*"
In French rôti requires the accent and grillé requires its accent too !

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) jeudi 28 janvier 2010 22:31:33

Jan 28, 2010 6:23 PM in response to fruhulda

I am not a chef but my son, who is, works with many Indian and Sri Lankans, and Roti is Indian.

As your reference points out Rôti is french for roast, which is either +not grille+ or the combination of rôti grille +is redundant.+

Yvan was the one who suggested the rôti spelling, because being French that was what he is familiar with. However my guess is the O.P., being American, is really after the Indian roti, the bread.

Peter

Jan 28, 2010 7:08 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

my guess is the O.P., being American, is really after the Indian roti, the bread.

As in Roti ( Hindi: रोटी; Marathi: पोळी; Urdu: روٹی; Dhivehi: ރޮށި ; Punjabi: ਰੋਟੀ; Tamil: ரொட்டி; Gujarati: રોટલી; Arabic: روتي; Thai: โรตี)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roti

In which case, neither Rôti nor Rōti seems appropriate....

How do put a straight line over an "o" such as in Roti Grille?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.