Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 7 64Bit - iPhone 3GS Driver needs constant reinstalling for photos

This is a fairly fresh installation of windows 7 64bit, I can sync my iphone and apps and music work without issue, but the driver that lets me access the photos has recently started showing an "!" every time I connect, I can only access my photos by telling windows 7 to troubleshoot the driver
it then determines that a driver reinstall is needed which then lets me access the images.. until I re-sync again.

Any ideas would be good, i dont want to have to reinstall itunes 😉

Thank you.

Lets just say.. I have a few Macs :), Mac OS X (10.6.2), XP Via bootcamp - Viva 'la games

Posted on Jan 28, 2010 5:23 PM

6 replies

Jan 29, 2010 2:21 PM in response to Richard Neville

If using a 64-bit version of Windows Vista or Windows 7, type C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers in the "Search for driver software in this location" field when updating the driver.

iPhone or iPod is not recognized properly by computer when USB drivers are not installed properly or are out of date
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1538

If above does not work then right click on the iTunes shortcut and select properties. Click the compatibility tab and check the "Run this program in compatibility mode" check box. From the drop down menu choose choose Vista service pack 2 and then click Apply. Now double click the iTunes setup.

Feb 5, 2010 9:19 AM in response to Richard Neville

Bingoooo....!!!

I've the same issue on Windows 7 Ultimate N 64bit edition.
I can see my iPhone in iTunes and sync all, but the driver not work.
In Computer Manager iPhone is in the "Other Device" whit this yellow WARNING "!".

And so... No photo...!!!

The difference is that isn't way to work driver.. 😟
I try all way...
Olso reinstall iTunes....

HELP ITALIAN BOY... Please...!!!

Windows 7 64Bit - iPhone 3GS Driver needs constant reinstalling for photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.