Previous 1 2 Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2010 1:29 PM by Ralph Johns (UK)
Noah Winston Level 1 Level 1
Hi, I haven't been able to log onto iChat for a couple hours and every time i try the message iChat can't communicate with the AIM account (Screen Name) comes up. Thank you.

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.6.2)
  • Noah Winston Level 1 Level 1
    Anyone? Please
  • Defcom(UK) Level 6 Level 6
    Try logging on to AIM on port 443 rather than port 5190.

Go to IChat in the menu bar > Preferences > Accounts.
    Log out of AIM and then use the Server Settings tab
    Set the port to 443(press return/enter(you might have to tick and untick SSL for 443 to stick)).
    Log back in again.
  • Noah Winston Level 1 Level 1
    i tried that already same result
  • Ralph Johns (UK) Level 9 Level 9
    expertise.applications
    Applications
    Does that Screen NAme allow you to login on the AIM web site ?

9:37 PM Sunday; January 31, 2010
  • s8m2s Level 1 Level 1
    I'm having the same problem... well my GF is. She can login using aim express and login to aim.com. but ichat gives the message "iChat can't log in to AOL Instant Messenger because your login ID or Password is incorrect" I'm pretty sure it's not ichat either because i can login to my aim account though ichat just fine. also this occurs on both her and my computer but only with her screen name.
    expertise.applications
    Applications
    Hi,

You have done part of the steps to check this.
    Use this Users Tip to check the Keychain and what it is holding for the Password
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=607493

Also, in the iChat Menu > Preferences > Accounts is her account/Screen Name set to allow Multiple Logins ?
    On the AIM Web Page > Login > Accounts Page check how long the default Login is set for and check she is Logged Out (you may have to do similar with AIM Express)

8:58 PM Wednesday; February 3, 2010

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"
  • andrew Erwin Level 1 Level 1
    i am having the same problem it is saying can not connect to my SN i have done everything changed the port and it logs on to everything else i checke my password i am at a lost nothing is working
    expertise.applications
    Applications
    Hi,

Your Specs do not appear so I don't know if you are on iChat 3, 4 or 5

IS the Firewall On in either of these versions ?
    Tiger (for ichat 3) is in System Preferences > Sharing.
    The other have it in System Preferences > Security.

In all cases is it allowing iChat ?

9:46 PM Sunday; March 7, 2010

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"
  • Adam Kasper Level 1 Level 1
    The port 443 tricked worked for me. Thanks.
  • drummerjoe Level 1 Level 1
    Anybody having connection issues lately? My parents in Michigan have not been able to connect to iChat for days. They're getting the ichat can't communicate with the mac.com account error. I've had them switch to port 443 from 5190 and that didn't do anything. I've also turned the firewall off/on and there's no change. I've also verified that other accounts on the macbook can't connect as well.

Any ideas?
    and my password is only 8 characters.
    expertise.applications
    Applications
    Hi,

You say THEY cannot login with an @Mac.com name but that YOUR password is only 8 characters.

What about their Password ?

8:24 PM Friday; April 9, 2010

Their password is only 8 characters, and I am entering their password.
    expertise.applications
    Applications
    Hi,

Are you trying their Name and password on your account (and not in Michigan) and in other Users Accounts ?

Or are you just trying their name on their computer but also in different User Accounts ?

If it is on their Computer does the info in the Keychain (Applications/Utilities KeyChain Access) match what they think it is ?
    See also this Users Tip about whether it matches the Registration site.

If on your Computer you may need to talk them through accessing the Keychain info.
    You may need to use this site for @Mac.com info if they use it as an Apple ID as well
    If it is still used with a paid-for MobileMe account you should be able to Login there as a check.

8:48 PM Friday; April 9, 2010

Previous 1 2 Next