Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't open it anymore.

When I open Imovie... It loads all of my events... then quits out on its own... then asks if I would like to report the problem, which I have done a few times now... any ideas?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Jan 30, 2010 10:49 PM

1 reply

Jan 31, 2010 6:16 AM in response to surfsupnj

Have you trashed iMovie's preference file? Preference files are notorious for becoming corrupted easily and this could solve your problem quickly.
With iMovie closed, go to your Home Folder(YourUserName)/Library/Preferences/com.apple.imovie.plist
Drag this plist to the trash. Don't worry; iMovie will create a new fresh one when you relaunch it.
Open iMovie and see if it works properly now.

If you have more than one iMovie version on your computer, be sure to trash the correct one. It may give it as com.apple.imovie7.plist. If you accidentally trash the wrong one, don't worry....it won't hurt anything; just cause that version of iMovie to create a new one, too.

Please post back for more help if this does not solve the problem.

Can't open it anymore.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.