Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2008 24" iMac Windows 7 Driver Issues

I have an iMac from late 2008 that specified a ATi Radeon 2600 PRO card with it, but obviously when Windows is installed, it states Mobility Radeon HD 2600 XT.

I used to 'update' the driver to the ATi Radeon 2600 PRO because it does give better hardware handling that the previous driver, but that was in Vista 32-bit (and Windows 7 32-bit RC release), I now have Windows 7 64-Bit installed w/o the new Snow Leopard OS X and this problem occurs (All through bootcamp, installed as a 2nd OS).

I follow the usual process for installing the driver but only to be returned with an error message "This driver does not support this version of Windows" (even when specified 64-bit drivers when downloading from ATi).

Is there a way to fix this problem? This is probably a 64-bit issue but I don't really want to revert back to 32-bit unless this problem can't be fixed.

24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Jan 31, 2010 7:30 AM

3 replies

2008 24" iMac Windows 7 Driver Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.