Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sherweb Hosted Exchange - Trouble Sharing Calendars

We use a Sherweb hosted Exchange server and use Apple Mail, iCal and our iPhones to access our contacts, email and calendar information from the Exchange Server. The Exchange setup with Snow Leopard worked well (we're able to access our contacts, email and calendars using the built in Apple programs). However, I can't access the shared calendars of other users in our Exchange Server. It works well when I use Entourage, but I would prefer to use iCal to access the shared calendars. Has anyone had any luck getting iCal calendar sharing to work with a Sherweb hosted Exchange server? I think that the default server settings the Snow Leopard put in place aren't allowing the shared calendars to work properly. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Jan 31, 2010 8:02 PM

5 replies

Feb 11, 2010 6:51 AM in response to djmpower

I am having a similar issue. I too use sherweb and when snow leopard was first installed things worked well... now the address book and the calendar have stopped syncing! No idea why... the iphone is working still fine and my outlook at work is fine... (and mac mail is fine) just Ical and mac address book have lost their connection...

any suggestions would be AMAZINGLY HELPFUL!

Apr 16, 2010 9:36 PM in response to tom94131

I had the same problem - iCal synced fine before the 10.6.3 update. I found this post and it worked great - "it seems the OS upgrade accidentally deletes your outgoing server information. you should go to preferences and re input them. For me and i am working off exchange 2007, they were:

Server Path: /EWS/Exchange.asmx
External Server: mail.myhostedexchange.com

I got the sherweb path preferences from my Entourage preferences.

Jun 18, 2010 3:22 PM in response to djmpower

Hello This is David Petree with AppRiver. I can try to help you out.

Are your just trying to share with another user or are you trying to share with a resource?

I know this works as i deal with it each day.

Sherweb Hosted Exchange - Trouble Sharing Calendars

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.