Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble Scanning Color Negatives with Protective Film

Greetings. I have been scanning about 10 years worth of color negatives and slides using a Nikon Colorscan 5000 and Vuescan software with great results. That is until now. The 4-negative film strips I am now trying to scan have a protective plastic film glued onto them. I have pulled this protective film off on a few strips and tried to scan but find that the auto feed on the scanner gets gummed up from the glue.

Has anyone run across this issue? Any ideas on how best to get around this problem? These negatives were processed at Eckerd Drugs and are from the late '90s to early 00's.

Thanks for your help!

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Feb 2, 2010 6:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2010 2:44 AM

Been there although with a different manufacturer/supplier.

I bought a flatbed scanner with slide and filmstrip adapters for the stuff that can't be fed. I wasn't necessarily happy about the extra cost but considering that many of the slides are priceless it seemed like a good investment.
1 reply

Trouble Scanning Color Negatives with Protective Film

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.