Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RAW / CR2 files stopped working? ie RAW support seems to be bust

Hi There,

I've just uploaded a bunch of new pictures from my Canon EOS 5D Mark II in RAW format and they are not being recognised. Aperture, Preview or PS 3 don't recognise them. Aperture gives me a dotted line box, Preview does nothing and PS3 just tells me it's an unsupported file format.

Even my old RAW has stopped opening (350D and 40D).

Everything worked fine a few days ago. All I have done to my system is regular Software Updates, but I note that RAW support 2.7 was installed a few days ago - could that have corrupted things somehow?

Has anyone else had problems since installing 2.7?

Any ideas how to fix this?

As a note, I can open these files using the Canon software that came with the camera (which I installed back in the dark ages and never use).

Cheers,

Rob.

Mac Pro 8 core, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Feb 3, 2010 11:50 AM

4 replies

Feb 3, 2010 1:05 PM in response to Matthew Bergsma

Nope. I shot in 'regular' RAW. I have a Macbook Pro too (also with the 2.7 update) and that can see the files fine, so it's obviously something wrong with my config/install. The problem is I can't see how to address the problem. One thing I have noticed is that the Mac with the problem thinks the file kind is "Canon Camera Raw File" and the Mac that is working fine things that the file is a "Canon CR2 raw image". I've no idea how the file associations work or how I can chose how the OS sees the images. On both Macs the file is identical - including the file name and extension.

RAW / CR2 files stopped working? ie RAW support seems to be bust

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.