Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Airport Extreme to replace an older one

Hi, I just looked back through many weeks of this group and did not see my situation. So this is my question: Is it a matter swapping out the cables from the old Extreme and putting the new one in its place? And then using Airport Utility from the supplied CD to configure the new Extreme to my existing network? The instructions seemed to imply that I had to set up a new network so I am just a little confused. Thanks for your help

Macbook Pro 17 inch, 20 inch iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Feb 3, 2010 6:56 PM

2 replies

Feb 3, 2010 9:51 PM in response to Western AZ Mac

Welcome to the discussions!

+Is it a matter swapping out the cables from the old Extreme and putting the new one in its place?+

This should work fine

+And then using Airport Utility from the supplied CD to configure the new Extreme to my existing network?+

Yes, you will need to install AirPort Utility on your computer from the CD and configure your network

+The instructions seemed to imply that I had to set up a new network so I am just a little confused.+

Since you have a new AirPort Extreme, you will be setting up a new network, but you could use the same wireless network name, password, etc that you used on your previous network. Or, you can establish a new network name and new password.

New Airport Extreme to replace an older one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.