Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

some artists not showing up

Hello,
I have a problem where certain artists that are on my ipod don't appear in the artist category but when i go to a different category, like, album, the music is there. I checked the info settings in iTunes but everything looks fine on that end.

Posted on Feb 3, 2010 9:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2010 5:49 AM

Hello chocaholic89,
And welcome to Apple Discussions!

So you made sure the "part of a compilation" option was not ticked from under each track's Info tab in iTunes? If so, have you also checked to make sure that you have compilations turned off on your iPod? You can access this option through the iPod's Settings section.

B-rock
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2010 5:49 AM in response to chocaholic89

Hello chocaholic89,
And welcome to Apple Discussions!

So you made sure the "part of a compilation" option was not ticked from under each track's Info tab in iTunes? If so, have you also checked to make sure that you have compilations turned off on your iPod? You can access this option through the iPod's Settings section.

B-rock

Feb 6, 2010 1:51 PM in response to chocaholic89

When you have artists who only appear on compilations these are normally omitted from the Artist menu on the iPod. However if you disable both of the following menu items on your iPod:

*Settings > Main Menu > Compilations*
*Settings > Music Menu > Compilations*

then they will appear. In iTunes the same change is made via:

*Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Group compilations when browsing*, turn off to reveal all artists in the browser.

See also: Missing Artist or Album not with others by same artist.

tt2

some artists not showing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.