Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I import Vector graphics(.ai or .svg or .eps) files to the Time Line?

I have moved up in the world and am now shooting and editing HD content. I had my logo redone in Vector format in Adobe Illustrator. I can also export the logo from AI as several file types including .svg or .eps but I notice that I cannot import them into FCP 7. The only file I can import so far is the jpeg version of my logo whic is rastor, therefore gets real ugly against all the other content. The vector file is scalable so that it will match the content as is required. How do you guys handle this.. Please be so kind as to let me know.

Thanks in advance

Mac Pro 8 Core w/ 10 Gigs of RAM & G4 Dual 1 Gig with 2 Gigs of RAM, Mac OS X (10.4.11), Logic 8, Final Cut Pro 7 , MOTU Traveler.

Posted on Feb 3, 2010 10:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2010 12:41 AM

you're better off trying to export as a tiff
2 replies

Feb 4, 2010 3:01 PM in response to rockfort

don't know illustrator but I would imagine you can export at very large pixel dimensions so scaling down in fcp wouldn't create quality problems. It's certainly doable in photoshop. Just make sure your dpi is 72 and that your pixel dimensions do not exceed 4000 x 4000. Vector files are not directly importable into fcp. Not sure about motion

Can I import Vector graphics(.ai or .svg or .eps) files to the Time Line?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.