Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail and Activesync

My iPhone connects easily to my corp Exchange server using Activesync. My Mac Mail does not because it is looking for the EWS facility. Does anyone know if there is a way to get Mail on OS 10.6 to connect to Activesync? It took awhile to get IT to support the iPhone. I just assumed that when we got that done that the Mac Mail would be a no-brainer. Silly me.

MBPro, Mac OS X (10.6.2), iMac AppleTV iPhone

Posted on Feb 4, 2010 8:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2010 2:33 AM

I'm having the exact same problem, I can connect to my corporate email with my iPhone flawlessly, but can't for the life of me figure out how to set up Mail.

Usually I've set up accounts in Mail and then synced, surely we haven't regressed to only being to use a phone to check email and not our main computers?
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2010 2:33 AM in response to TJK2

I'm having the exact same problem, I can connect to my corporate email with my iPhone flawlessly, but can't for the life of me figure out how to set up Mail.

Usually I've set up accounts in Mail and then synced, surely we haven't regressed to only being to use a phone to check email and not our main computers?

Feb 23, 2010 6:05 PM in response to winglet

I'm going to continue looking. Isn't ActiveSync an open protocol now? Anyway, Apple did not make this especially clear and unless they can explain to me why it is inappropriate or impossible to support ActiveSync in both Mail.app and iPhone, I'm just going to chalk it up to a really stupid business decision.

Mail.app supports the Exchange Web Services which from the information I can gather ActiveSync should be a subset of this. I cannot find any information on why non-mobile clients should not have ActiveSync support.

My experience with this problem is that most corporations will yield to the demand for activesync on mobile devices. However, for some inexplicable reason they do not open up EWS to the outside world. As a result most of us have to connect to the internal corporate networks to access our corporate email.

Mac Mail and Activesync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.