Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RAW and Burn Folder

What is the best way to burn (Canon)RAW files in SL? Dragging and dropping into a Burn Folder did not work and iPhoto did not either. They are backed up on an external hard drive but I would like a DVD as well. Am I forced to buy Toast?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Feb 5, 2010 10:37 AM

7 replies

Feb 5, 2010 12:05 PM in response to William-Boyd-Jr

Sorry for being for vague, I honestly thought the answer would be brief: you can't do it! Anyway, I have now tried a new tac. Instead of creating a "Burn Folder", I simply clicked on burn folder in the file menu. It burned it. Now it is verifying and we'll see in a few minutes if it worked. Previously, when I dragged and dropped images into a "Burn Folder" they would only show up as an alias of a few Kbs.

Feb 5, 2010 8:13 PM in response to Daisy Newcomb

Daisy Newcomb wrote:
Sorry for being for vague, I honestly thought the answer would be brief: you can't do it!

It turns out you can do it. Until you described just what you tried it was difficult for anyone to help you. I can't do cartwheels, but unless you saw me try you wouldn't know whether it was because I'm uncoordinated or wearing a cast on a broken leg. Details are important.

I hadn't tried to use burn folders myself, so I checked the Help menu. In the Finder if you click on the Help menu and enter "burn folder" (without the quotes), the first "Help Topic" is "Creating a burn folder". If you select that, a window will open with the text below:

To create and use a burn folder:

1) Click the desktop (the background area of your screen) if you want to keep the burn folder on the desktop; otherwise, open the window where you want to keep the burn folder.

2) Choose File > New Burn Folder, and type a name for the folder.

3) Drag to the burn folder the items you want to burn to a disc. The Finder places aliases to the items in the burn folder; the originals are not moved.

4) When you’re ready to burn the folder’s contents to a disc, double-click the burn folder and click Burn.

5) Insert a blank disc into your computer’s optical drive, or into an optical drive connected to your computer, and follow the instructions.

The original files that the aliases point to are burned to the disc. In addition, if any folder in the burn folder contains aliases, the original files for those aliases are burned to the disc as well.

If the Finder cannot find the original file for an alias, it asks whether to cancel burning or to continue without that item. If you cancel, the disc remains empty.

RAW and Burn Folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.