6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2010 2:38 AM by Anton
Anton Level 2 Level 2 (170 points)
Dears all,
i get a problem only in 9.1.
It's simple :
I have a video with tc burned in.
I perfect match frame rate etc.
But : the film is not matching the logic session.
Example :
Measure 10 -> tc 02:00:00:20 ( tc on video and Logic perfect )
Moving forward 3/4 measures
Back on the measure 10 = the previous tc on video is different in terms of 3/4 fps : the tc in Logic is
OK.
Opening the same in Logic 9.02 = all is ok.
Anyone ?
Thanks
-A

MPro Nehalem 2.66-MPro2.8 (late2008)-MBP2,66(09MBP2.4 core duo iPhone 3g, Mac OS X (10.6.1)
  • uptil4 Level 1 Level 1 (30 points)
    The first thought is check the frame rate in both projects. Window burn is just a frame rate number, it won't tell logic what to do. You need to set the sync settings in logic to match the frame rate of the window burn. Go to Project Setting>Synchronization>Frame Rate. Hope this helps. PC.
  • Anton Level 2 Level 2 (170 points)
    Hi thanks for your answer.....
    do you understand my question ?
    I mean, after checking on my 3 systems and getting confirmation fro my colleague, that Logic 9.1
    have a video related problems.
    On the paper the video is not still smoothly following Logic...... no problems in version 9.02.
    I mean that if i put the spl on a place in the song i get a fps, if i move and back the place is not the same, kind of not immediate match.
    -A
  • Rick Whitelaw Level 2 Level 2 (305 points)
    As has already been said, don't trust the video burn numbers. SMPTE is an audio signal (I assume it's SMPTE) and the video tape could have been re-striped. T/C burn is great when it's accurate, but I've run across situations where it simply isn't.

RW
  • Rick Whitelaw Level 2 Level 2 (305 points)
    And one more thing . . . are you speaking of a Q/T video or actual tape? If it's tape of some sort, unless you have a very expensive video machine, Logic should be following (slaved to) the video.

RW
    Appreciated......
    btw is a problem introduced by Logic 9.1.
    I have confirmation from my collegues.
    We have sent a feedback to Apple.
    -A
    Same problem in 9.1.1.