Anton Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Feb 5, 2010 11:32 PM
Dears all,
i get a problem only in 9.1.
It's simple :
I have a video with tc burned in.
I perfect match frame rate etc.
But : the film is not matching the logic session.
Example :
Measure 10 -> tc 02:00:00:20 ( tc on video and Logic perfect )
Moving forward 3/4 measures
Back on the measure 10 = the previous tc on video is different in terms of 3/4 fps : the tc in Logic is
OK.
Opening the same in Logic 9.02 = all is ok.
Anyone ?
Thanks
-A
MPro Nehalem 2.66-MPro2.8 (late2008)-MBP2,66(09MBP2.4 core duo iPhone 3g, Mac OS X (10.6.1)
  • uptil4 Level 1 Level 1 (30 points)
    Feb 6, 2010 3:13 PM (in response to Anton)
    The first thought is check the frame rate in both projects. Window burn is just a frame rate number, it won't tell logic what to do. You need to set the sync settings in logic to match the frame rate of the window burn. Go to Project Setting>Synchronization>Frame Rate. Hope this helps. PC.
    MacPro, Mac OS X (10.5.2)
  • Rick Whitelaw Calculating status...
    Feb 7, 2010 9:43 PM (in response to Anton)
    As has already been said, don't trust the video burn numbers. SMPTE is an audio signal (I assume it's SMPTE) and the video tape could have been re-striped. T/C burn is great when it's accurate, but I've run across situations where it simply isn't.

RW
    Mac Pro quad, Mac OS X (10.6.2), 5 GB ram/MOTU 424/Logic Control
  • Rick Whitelaw Level 2 Level 2 (305 points)
    Feb 7, 2010 9:45 PM (in response to Anton)
    And one more thing . . . are you speaking of a Q/T video or actual tape? If it's tape of some sort, unless you have a very expensive video machine, Logic should be following (slaved to) the video.

RW
    Mac Pro quad, Mac OS X (10.6.2), 5 GB ram/MOTU 424/Logic Control

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.