Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages Contextual Menu stops working randomly

I have a curious problem that is plaguing my Pages. Frequently, after a bit of use, my contextual menu stops working. I cannot invoke it with Control-Click, Right Click (on my Magic Mouse), 2-finger click on my trackpad, or any other way that I can think of. It just doesn't come up any more. I have to save and quit and relaunch Pages in order to repair this problem. Sometimes it goes for hours or days without a hiccup. Then, other times it will do it every 2 minutes.

Any ideas?

Unibody MBP 2.4 Core2 Duo w/4gig RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Feb 8, 2010 2:04 AM

19 replies

Feb 9, 2010 11:13 AM in response to MrSteveee

Just encountered this myself starting today. I'm using a MagicMouse with BTT (0.5148) and Pages (4.0.3). Secondary click does work in other applications, but will not work in Pages. Exiting Pages and re-opening the document does temporarily resolve the issue. I have not yet tried opening another Pages document once the problem exhibits to see if it is document-specific.

Feb 9, 2010 11:38 AM in response to FatherOfFour

When something isn't working in Pages one can try deleting the com.apple.iwork.pages.plist file in
User > Library > Preferences. Try to find the Magic mouse's plist file too and delete it. Maybe you need to log out and in again.
If it doesn't work tell both the Magic mouse people and Apple your problem. [http://www.apple.com/support/pages>

Feb 10, 2010 10:32 PM in response to MrSteveee

I tried quitting BTT, but to no avail. I don't think BTT is the culprit. Furthermore, even though I waited until now to post this thread, this behavior was present BEFORE I upgraded to a Magic Mouse, so I don't think that MM is the problem, either. I have tried deleting the preferences (more than once) and that didn't help.

Any other thoughts?

Mar 19, 2010 2:35 AM in response to pgiom

I've noticed this problem too, but I don't know when exactly it started. I do know however that it'll even occur when my Magic Mouse is at home and I'm just using my MacBook at school. The exact aforementioned problem occurs; ctrl-clicking/right clicking simply won't work in Pages, works fine in any other application. I too am using BTT 0.5157.

Pages Contextual Menu stops working randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.