Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

disable minimise?

Is there a way to disable the stupid minimise key-shortcut?
Too often, i mistake apple-N (start a new thing) for M, which minimises the app.
Frustrating and pointless.
Any way to shut it off?

thanks, p

Message was edited by: pulot pulot1

macbook pro intel, 2.4ghz, 4gb ram, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Feb 8, 2010 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2010 8:05 AM

pulot pulot1 wrote:
Too often, i mistake apple-N (start a new thing) for M, which minimises the app.

It's not pointless. many people use the minimize shortcut even if you don't.
I find it quite useful myself.
Any way to shut it off?

You can not turn it off but you can reassign it to a different keyboard combination. this is done in system preferences->keyboard->keyboard shortcuts->applications. make a shortcut for Minimize for *All Applications*.
make it something you can not press accidentally like command option+shiftm.
thanks, p

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2010 8:05 AM in response to pulot pulot1

pulot pulot1 wrote:

It's not pointless. many people use the minimize shortcut even if you don't.
I find it quite useful myself.
Any way to shut it off?

You can not turn it off but you can reassign it to a different keyboard combination. this is done in system preferences->keyboard->keyboard shortcuts->applications. make a shortcut for Minimize for *All Applications*.
make it something you can not press accidentally like command option+shiftm.
thanks, p

Feb 13, 2010 12:39 PM in response to pulot pulot1

it works for me. you may be doing something wrong. make sure you make the shortcut for *All Applications*. it's also very important to enter the menu title exactly. It should be Minimize. if you've entered the shortcut correctly then when you go to Window menu you should see this shortcut listed next to Minimize. this should work in most apps. one exception is firefox which disregards custom keyboard shortcuts.

disable minimise?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.