Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need advice for Fn key usage in Motion.

I am just beginning my usage of Motion 4 and working through Mark Spencer's book. The book keeps referring you to use the Fn keys. But mine don't work the way they are supposed to. I went into System prefs and selected the use all Fn keys and when I go back into the program to use them I press the fn key and the appropriate Fn key (ex. F5 to open the project pane) and all I get is a beep and nothing happens. If I just use the F-F8 procedure it will just add an f or a 5 etc, into the area at the bottom for the current time. Or if I hit the Fn-F8 it opens iTunes. I know I can work it out by using the long way around. But I know it is easier to use the function keys from experience in the CS4 suites. Is there anything I am not trying or something anyone can recommend to make these work properly?

Thanks,
Scott

Imac, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Feb 8, 2010 2:52 PM

4 replies

Need advice for Fn key usage in Motion.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.