Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes unreadable fonts

Has anyone yet figured out how to change the small and unreadable fonts used in many places in iTunes? I've seen a number of posts on this issue but no solutions. Is it something on my iMac or is it iTunes?

iMac 24", 2.4G, MacBook Pro, 2.4G, iPhone 3GS, Mac OS X (10.6.2), iTunes 9.0.3

Posted on Feb 9, 2010 12:58 PM

10 replies

Feb 9, 2010 6:08 PM in response to varjak paw

Thanks Dave, but your suggestion doesn't help as it isn't a matter of a jumbled font but seemingly the choice of font by Apple. iTunes has been getting better in that successive updates have decreased the usage of the unreadable font but it still appears on some search results on the iTunes store. The worst offender is in the subheads used to give the product or app name, which is a thin, serif font that is closely tracked and with its small size is impossible to read. I can't imagine why anyone wanting to sell you something would make it impossible to read what they are writing, seems self-defeating to me as a graphic designer and marketer.

Feb 10, 2010 7:17 PM in response to varjak paw

Thanks Dave, I did comment to Apple on the problem some months ago. The problem has gotten better, with fewer pages using the unreadable fonts but when I did an iTunes Store app search the other day I got a whole page of it and just abandoned the search. As a graphic designer myself I'm mystified that anyone would design a site with such font usage and so wondered if it was perhaps something on my machine.

Feb 11, 2010 6:57 AM in response to William Dalzell

Can you give an example of a page/item or two that are difficult for you to read. I've not encountered anything that I found unusually bad compared with the rest of the site, so it might indeed be something with your system, though I can't be certain since I've by no means explored the entire site. If you can provide a couple of examples, we can see if we experience the same problem.

Regards.

Feb 16, 2010 6:15 PM in response to varjak paw

Sorry Dave. I can't remember what I was searching for the last time I came upon the problem. I was looking for some iPhone apps and clicked on the "show all" for that category and was taken to a page where all the app names were in that small, closely spaced, unreadable print. I think they realize the problem and are in the process of fixing those pages though as I seldom see them anymore.

Feb 17, 2010 5:45 AM in response to varjak paw

My itunes store also is unreadable and I have tried upgrading my itunes, followed the instructions, and it still didn't work. The language is foreign to me. The other solution was to remove third party fonts from my Windows. I prefer not to do this because I am not sure what effect it will have on software programs I am using on my computer. Perhaps there is some other troubleshooting method which Apple can come up with to resolve this issue?

Feb 17, 2010 6:55 AM in response to Cantagree

Cantagree, I'd suggest you start a new topic with your issue (use the "Post a new topic" link at the top of each main topic page). It's generally better to ask a question as a new topic rather than as a reply in someone else's thread. It's more courteous to the original poster, and is more likely to get your question the attention it deserves.

Regards.

iTunes unreadable fonts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.