Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Failed 3x crash service down

I'm running Final Cut Studio 7. I have an Dual Quad Core Intel Xeon 2.66 Mhz Mac
I'm using Leopard 10.5.8 Ever since I got Final Cut Studio 7 Installed, I have not been able to use Compressor. I have tried clearing the batch folder, repairing permissions, un-installing and re-installing Qmaster & Compressor.

All I get is Failed 3x crash service down.

Mac G5 2.0 GHZ, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 6 GIGS Ram

Posted on Feb 9, 2010 3:28 PM

45 replies

Apr 20, 2010 4:59 PM in response to Dr Video

Same problem here - Failed: 34x crash service down
I had compressed several movies and then all of a sudden all I get is Failed: 34x crash service down. I changed nothing, it was working fine and now its been a couple weeks of hunting for an answer.
FCP 7, Compressor 3.01 on a Mac Pro 8-core Intel Xeon 2.8

So I just tried the same thing, same setting & video my MacBook Pro and it works.
Whats up here?

Apr 21, 2010 1:25 AM in response to Dr Video

Same thing here on 8-core. Whats fully bizarre is that I was compressing files no with problems, comp was running. compressor was open and all was fine. I added another movie and got the error. I changed nothing and now its been 2 weeks that Compressor fails "Failed: 3x crash service down" with FCP 7 and Compressor 3.5.2
Today I tried my MacBook Pro and it works.

Apr 27, 2010 3:10 PM in response to robcfx

same thing with me - no compressor after FCP 7 install. I can use compressor by FCP send to, and i put a big QT movie in DVD studio pro and it worked. the other test i did was with FCP closed, open compressor tried a 30 second file and it worked fine, put in a 31 minute file FAILED. - i deleted every thing apple support said to and re-installed compressor and qmaster and still no good. this is as drag as compressor always worked for me.

Jun 27, 2010 12:08 AM in response to Dr Video

Same problem here. But I am using final cut studio 2 (final cut 6.0.6, compressor 3.0.5). Running on MacBook Pro 2.33 dual core, OSX 10.6.3.

In order to see the "Failed 3x crash" I have to manually start the batch monitor and click the ℹ icon:

Job Type: Compressor
Priority: High
Time Elapsed: 2:26:20
Time Remaining: 0:00:00
Percent Complete: 100

I tried to set destination to various disks - the source disk (usb) and the system disk (internal HD). Both failed.

Failed 3x crash service down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.