Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to arrange Dock icons on my new Macbook Air

On my iMac (about a year old and updated to Snow Leopard and its patches as they came out), I dragged the right side Dock Icons (applications) to be in the order I find easiest to work with. As long as I start moving the icon before it times out and displays all the windows of that App (new to Snow Leopard I believe). I have to be careful that the icon remains on the Dock or it is deleted when I drop it.

However with my new MacBook Air, it won't drag the icons. If I click on an icon for the necessary time it will display windows of that app just as the iMac does. But I cannot rearrange the icons. I think the only difference between the set ups I've found is that usually the MacBook I have auto-hide for the Dock and iMac it is displayed all the time. However, I've changed that and it didn't fix the problem.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Bruce

iMAC Early 2009, Mac OS X (10.6.2), MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 9, 2010 10:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2010 10:08 PM

delete the file homedirectory/library/preferences/com.apple.dock.plist and log out/in. your dock, spaces and exposé will be reset to the defaults. try rearranging the dock icons again.
5 replies

Unable to arrange Dock icons on my new Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.