Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why Are These Header Cells Capitalized???

I opened the Comparison template and started to modify it to suit my needs. All the column names across the top are capitalized. Initially, I just figured it was entered in all caps. However, when I enter lowercase text into the cells, it still appears capitalized! And no, my caps lock is not on. The text does appear in lowercase in the formula bar at the top of the window, but it appears capitalized within the table itself. So then I just figured it was a format setting on the cell or text, but I can't find any such setting anywhere! This is driving me nuts. If anyone knows how I can get my header cells to not appear in all caps, please let me know.

Thanks,

-Steve

Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Feb 10, 2010 2:44 PM

4 replies

Feb 10, 2010 3:03 PM in response to Shotster

The all caps setting can apparently be accessed ONLY via the Format -> Font -> Capitalization -> *All Caps* menu item! Arghhhhhhh!!! Nothing in the text inspector or font window or format bar! And why the flake are there so many ways to modify text??!! Shouldn't all text related functionality be accessible through a single UI element? Why do I have to drill down 4 levels of hierarchical menus?! Who designed this flakin' interface anyway? C'mon Apple, have you lost sight of what it takes to empower the end user with an interface that works FOR them instead of AGAINST them?

-Steve

Feb 10, 2010 8:43 PM in response to Jerrold Green1

Jerrold Green1 wrote:
We here are not Apple employees.

Yes, I know. Chill, daddy-o.

Jerrold Green1 wrote:
You can express yourself directly to Apple via the Feedback item in the Pages menu.

Why would I launch Pages to leave feedback about Numbers?

Jerrold Green1 wrote:
Feel free to look at the Pages08 User Guide. Page 77 of the English version is where you will find the section titled: "Changing Text Capitalization Using the Menus"

Feel free to re-read this thread. The issue's resolved - no thanks to the app's UI which leaves much to be desired. And why would I check the Pages08 User Guide when the question is in regard to the Numbers application? Wuh-eva...

-Steve

Why Are These Header Cells Capitalized???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.