Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sony DCR-SR47

I just got this Sony Video camera, a DCR-SR47 and can not get it to download the video I shot to either my Desk computer (1.8 GHz G5) or my laptop. Can anyone help me?

2.4 GHz Intel core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Feb 10, 2010 5:49 PM

8 replies

Feb 21, 2010 11:23 AM in response to thePirateRooster

Hi,

Wow, it's been a week and I thought someone would have come up with an answer. IS EVERYONE stumped by this??? HELP ME PLEASE.

The reason no one has answered you is that you haven't told us how you are trying to import the footage. Are you just trying to transfer the files to your computer, are you trying to import using i movie, FCP, ? what?.
How are you connecting you camera to your computer, did you load the software, if any, that came with your camera. If you post more details someone will most likely be able to help you.
DM

Message was edited by: David Mclaine

Feb 21, 2010 3:02 PM in response to David Mclaine

Thanks for replying. Sorry, but sometimes when people are not specific, it is just because we don't know what to include so don't hold that against us. I have been trying to import the footage by imovie. I am connecting to the computer with the provided usb cable. There is no software for Mac with this camera. Thanks for telling me to post more details. I will gladly post more details but I don't know what else to include. Mac is usually so simple (for old guys like me), but this seems a bit more complicated. Oh yeah, I also tried streamclip, but I'm not even sure I'm using that correctly. Thanks again, I know I'm an old guy living in a young gut world, but I would like to keep up.

Mar 4, 2010 4:55 AM in response to thePirateRooster

Hi there,

I've just done a bit of reading on this kit. It appears you simply drag and drop the clips onto your desktop and then import with iMovie from the desktop.

It appears that simply plugging in and importing from iMovie is a no-go. You need to treat the video files like a regular file / folder. Drag, drop then import in iMovie from desktop.

Give that a go and let us know how you go 🙂

Sony DCR-SR47

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.