Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot sync existing MobileMe galleries with Entourage instead of iPhoto

Hi.

I just purchased Aperture 3 and I am in the middle of totally replacing iPhoto with Aperture, or at least trying to.

I have a bunch of MobileMe gallery albums currently synced with iPhoto and would like to sync them with Aperture. I do not want to re-create them and have to send a new URL for each album to my friends.

I remember seeing a button in the MobileMe album settings to change that (when I did not even have Aperture installed).
And an Apple support article clearly describes it (at the end of http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1675)

But the "syncs with" button is now nowhere to be found on my MobileMe albums, which is very inconvenient.

Anyone else seeing (or not) this setting ? Or having found it in a new place?

Thanks in advance,

Jerome.

MBP 17" 2.93Ghz/8GB/SSD512, Mac OS X (10.6.2), and other Macs too

Posted on Feb 11, 2010 12:14 AM

5 replies

Feb 11, 2010 8:47 AM in response to jerome1989

I am try to do exactly the same thing with the same problem.

The instructions are clear enough in the KB/TS1675:-

"Additional Information
As a new feature in MobileMe Gallery, you can change the application with which an album is synced.

For example, if you add an album to your Gallery using iPhoto and you want to see it in the Aperture Gallery list:

Select and enter the album
Click the Album Settings icon in MobileMe Gallery toolbar (looks like a light switch)
Change the application next to "Syncs with" from iPhoto to Aperture
Click Change"

But there is no "syncs with" option....

Feb 11, 2010 9:00 AM in response to Mike Boreham

Well blow me down... I just went back to my Mobile me gallery for the tenth time, unable to believe that the KB could be so wrong.... and there it was a "sync now" option at the bottom of the window which appears when you click the double light switch icon with a gallery selected.

NB. I did not enter the album as per the KB. simply single clicked each gallery so that a yellow box appeared round the key photo for the gallery.

Cannot sync existing MobileMe galleries with Entourage instead of iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.